Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Physician's Formula Organic Wear Mascara and CC Cream Review

I'm always looking for more natural, less toxic choices in my make up and when I came across Physician's Formula Organic Wear line I was very excited to try it. 

The mascara rated just three on the "dirty" scale using the Think Dirty app on my phone, which was great as all my other mascara's are ten. Physician's Formula is pretty expensive for a drugstore brand, in fact it's pretty close to high end price but the reviews sounded good and I really wanted to find a clean mascara for everyday use. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it's pretty light and cheap feeling but it's completely recyclable so it has that going for it.

Overall this is a decent everyday mascara, it will darken your lashes, it doesn't feel heavy or crunchy and is easy to remove. You can put on several coats without clumping too. If you want big lashes give this one a pass though. Even with multiple coats it doesn't build up much and my biggest pet peeve, it smudges by the end of the day.

This mascara is ok, but my search continues.


I also tried the CC Cream. This rated a little higher on the think dirty app at a mid range six. I'm trying to keep things three and under but prefer a liquid over a powder and there just aren't many options.

This formula is lightweight when applied but felt a bit heavy afterwards. It's best applied with your fingers as it looks weird when applied with a brush, a bit streaky and heavy. I also used my damp Beauty Blender and had good results.
The CC in the name means colour corrector so I was very hopeful as I always have a red flush to my face, like I got a bit too much sun. This cream did quite a good job evening out my complexion and my very favourite thing....no scent. It's not a full coverage foundation so won't cover everything but it's nice for summer (no SPF however).
I really wish they had a concealer to go along with the CC Cream as it would be nice to have a little more coverage under the eyes, and around the nose etc..


I like both products and will continue to use them, but I'm still keeping my eyes out for something better. If you have any suggestions for me I would love to hear about them in the comments section below.






No comments:

Post a Comment