Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Think Dirty app

I had been searching around online trying to find a good website for researching cosmetics ingredients and while doing so I came across this little gem of an app. 


Think Dirty does all the work for you and is so easy to use. You can either search by typing in the product name or scan the bar code with your phone (I know...wow). Everything is rated from 0 to 10 depending on the toxicity of the ingredients. Turns out I have several products rating 9 or 10 (eek) and a few in the 0 to 3 range which is where I would like to be.

You might remember a couple of posts ago when I was talking about trying to find a natural mascara and how I was going to start with Josie Maran's GOGO? Turns out it rates a surprising 10 on the dirty scale, so I'm glad I checked before buying as it has a fairly hefty price tag. Instead I went with Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash with a rating of just 3. I've just started using it so I'll keep you posted on what I think.

The app is free and has a huge database which includes both cosmetics and many other personal care products. Have you tried it yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment