Wednesday, May 13, 2015

First Week Back At It

Things have been going very well this last week. I have been hitting the running pretty hard and have two different places I've been going. One is the track which is so convenient because there is a playground right there for the kiddies to play on while I go around and around, and it's also lit at night in case that's the only time I can go. The bad part about running at the track is it's kind of boring. The other place I've been going is a very hilly loop near my house, the loop itself is only 2k, but I can go around three times and get in 6K and an excellent workout.
My sister in law introduced me to the Strava app and it's fantastic. It keeps great track of your mileage and speed and you're able to keep in contact and follow friends on it which I love, very inspiring. I run in simultaneously with the RunKeeper app.

This is a pic of the Strava app screen. You can even see where I broke off once to talk to the kids on the playground..lol.


My diet has been really good, lots of veggies, lean protein and no carbs after lunch. I am limiting myself to 1200 calories a day and using the My Fitness Pal app to track them.

This is sort of a typical lunch. I always have lots of veggies and I vary the protein....cottage cheese, tuna, leftover meat from last night's dinner like this chicken breast here and eggs etc..


I'm also drink lots and lots of water. I have a 2.2 liter jug that I drink everyday a long with a few extra random glasses.


Monday was one week in and I was thrilled to see I had lost eight pounds! Clearly I was bloated. I also lost a half inch at every measurement (chest, waist, hips, thigh, arm). A very encouraging start.


Anyone have some great meal suggestions that would fit into my eating plan? Please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment