Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Focus on What's in Season: Blackberries

I've been walking every night and the area that I've been walking in is loaded with blackberries. I've been sampling them a bit and now that they are perfectly plump, juicy and sweet...harvesting was in order. 


I grabbed a bucket and some willing blackberry pickers and we went to work. Well...I went to work, they had a second lunch.





Once I had taken my blackberry pickers swimming to cool off and then fed them dinner I went searching on Pinterest for a quick and easy blackberry cobbler recipe. I stumbled on the perfect one and it's low calorie too since it's mostly berries (big bonus!).

I doubled the recipe since the original is only enough for two and there was enough for five here. I used an 8 x 8 pan...placed a double layer of blackberries in it, and sprinkled them with vanilla (no water needed here..these berries were super juicy).


Mix together your dry ingredients..


Add your melted butter...don't do what I did and forget to double the butter and then have to drizzle it on halfway through baking. However, if you do that I'm here to let you know it'll work out just fine.


Mix your ingredients together with a fork and then finish with your hands to make these nice crumbles.


Spread the mixture over the berries and pop into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.


That's it, so easy!


I put a little ice cream on mine but you could easily eat it by itself. I can't even tell you how good this recipe is, I wish I could have invited you over to share...seriously...it's that good.



What's your favourite blackberry recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment