Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Book club, fruit salad and weighing in on the Birkenstock trend

I have to admit, I just love the idea of a book club and I blasted through July's read (The Fault in Our Stars).  I'm looking forward to chatting about it at the end of the month and hearing what you thought of it.

The August book will be Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I've been wanting to read this one for awhile and several of you agreed with me so it seemed like the perfect choice. I picked my copy up on the weekend as I happened to be near a bookstore and am resisting reading it until August. Make sure and pick up your copy so you are ready to read a long!


In the summer, and especially with the recent heatwave we've had here I like to keep our meals light and refreshing. The fruit salad pictured below was perfect. All you need is about half a small watermelon, one cup of blackberries, one cup of blueberries, the juice of one lime and a handful of chopped mint (mine was fresh from my herb garden!). Gently mix it all together and enjoy.



So what do you think of the whole Birkenstock trend? Are you yay or nay on this one? I have to admit I was pretty nay, but there have been a lot of great looks coming up in my Pinterest feed that have made me change my mind. What do you think?




My mother is a diehard Birkenstock wearer, she loves how they fit her feet and says they are so comfy. From the few times I have slipped them on to run outside while at her house I would have to agree, much comfier than flip flops and with my recent back issues it's probably smart of me to look at some foot supporting options. I kind of dig the Mayari style:






What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I personally love my Mephistos and have had them for 12 years (just got them resoled last year)... same style as Birks but they fit my feet better (not so wide) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that they lasted you for 12 years! I might have to have a look into them.

      Delete